Academic Level C Pathways Coordinator job with UNIVERSITY OF NEW ENGLAND
Future of education
- Academic role focused on teaching
- Continuous, 0.5 part-time (split)
- $ 122,872 to $ 141,491 per year / prorated (academic, level C)
- Plus 17% employer pension
- Moving assistance provided
- Applicants must have continuous working rights (UNE will not sponsor this position)
The University of New England (UNE), Armidale is a regionally networked university renowned for the quality of its student experience and the excellence of its research specializations. UNE has pioneered external student education, making it the most experienced provider of innovative online and distance education. There are currently over 26,000 students (84% of which are distance / online students) and approximately 1,200 academic and general staff.
The ten-year strategic plan of the UNE, Future Fit 2021-2030, was developed to guide the University in realizing its enduring vision of supporting the aspirations of individuals in communities, and communities within regions, in the digital age.
About the future of education
The aim of the Education Futures division is to foster academic excellence in a manner consistent with UNE’s goal of being a leader in the design, practice and delivery of distance education. and online, and a recognized provider of research and scholarship that addresses issues of importance in a regional context. UNE should be identified as an organization that successfully deploys digital technologies to support access to education and student success. Education Enterprise exists as a business unit to provide both leadership and partnership functions in the design of academic and educational enterprises with faculties and professional fields in all learning, teaching and development activities. ‘evaluation and improvement and quality assurance.
About the role
As a teaching-focused scholar, you will contribute to innovation in learning, teaching and assessment, and lead the design and delivery of education at the university. The successful candidate will provide leadership in the design and delivery of innovative and impactful education within the Pathways Enabling (college preparation) and Pathways Enhancement (continuing professional development and career development) series of courses and units. ). In this teaching leadership role, the successful candidate will contribute to the teaching effort within the Pathways programs and exercise leadership through course coordination. Please refer to the job information for more information on the job requirements.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- leadership and innovation in instructional practice and design;
- understanding of contemporary theories and frameworks of adult learning;
- experience in developing and delivering courses in some or all of the following areas: academic preparation, continuing professional development and career development in an adult education context;
- experience in higher education, in particular online teaching and delivery;
- excellent communication; interpersonal and leadership skills; and teamwork skills.
While living in Armidale, you will experience the best of urban and rural life. Enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle with access to shopping, fine dining, the best sporting facilities, and cultural delights, all for a fraction of the price you’d expect to pay in a big city. You can live in the heart of Armidale or experience the tranquility of the New England countryside on a rural property. To learn more, visit www.experiencethehighs.com.au.
Additional requests and information
To discuss this role, please contact Associate Professor Mitchell Parkes, phone: 02 6773 5082, e-mail: [email protected]
Closing Date: Midnight, Sunday 9e January 2022, with interviews scheduled for the end of January.
Reference number: 221297
To apply for this position, please click on “Apply” below and submit the following 3 documents:
Please submit the following documents as a combined PDF file. Please visit www.une.edu.au/jobs-at-une.
Your application should include:
- A 1 to 2 page cover letter clearly describing your strengths and qualifications and why you are interested in the position at SEN;
- A current curriculum vitae containing details of 3 referees. At least one arbitrator must have in-depth knowledge of your work over the past 2 years as a manager or supervisor;
- Answers to the selection criteria explaining how you best meet these requirements. Your examples should be based on past performance / experiences and you should clearly explain your level of involvement in the example activity, what you did, how, why, with whom and what the results were.
Please visit www.une.edu.au/jobs-at-une for more information on this position and other career opportunities at SEN.
Principles of fairness underlie all UNE policies and procedures. As a university committed to recruiting a diverse workforce, UNE encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.