Board of Regents Honors University System of Georgia Scholars on Academic Recognition Day
The University System of Georgia (USG) Board of Regents this week honored students at each of the system’s 26 public colleges and universities on its annual Academic Recognition Day.
Each student best represents the highest academic ideals of the system, as selected by their individual institutions. These students have a high GPA, strive for excellence, and have the ability to share their knowledge in various areas of expertise.
Academic Recognition Day began 34 years ago as a celebration of academic achievement for Georgian students. Recipients receive a resolution from the Georgia House of Representatives, as well as a congratulatory letter from USG Acting Chancellor Teresa MacCartney.
The 2022 winners are:
- Margaret Raines Evans – Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College
- Christain Slacks – Albany State University
- Aaliyah L. Swaney – Atlanta Metropolitan State College
- Jared Avery Talman – Augusta University
- Jessica Luong Pheng – Clayton State University
- Lily Heidger – College of Coastal Georgia
- Jessica Demarco-Jacobson – Columbus State University
- Lupita Peralta – Dalton State College
- Robert Chase Kirkland – Eastern Georgia State College
- Tamia R. Brown – Fort Valley State University
- Ellen E. Yeudall – Georgia College and State University
- Naiya Patel – Georgia Gwinnett College
- Michael Barber – Georgia Highlands College
- AnLi M. French – Georgia Institute of Technology
- Harper Caroline Lewis – Georgia Southern University
- Minh Phong Diep – Southwest Georgia State University
- Veda Balaji – Georgia State University
- Emma Grace Mixon – Gordon State College
- Gillian Barnes – Kennesaw State University
- Alexander James Kahrmann – Middle Georgia State University
- Antoneisha Knighton – Savannah State University
- Payton Merritt – South Georgia State College
- Evan Venable – University of Georgia
- Katherine Torres – University of North Georgia
- Sarah Grace Rogers – West Georgia University
- Vanessa Okojie – Valdosta State University
In her letter of congratulations, Acting Chancellor MacCartney congratulated the recipients and said “their outstanding academic achievements deserve this special, well-deserved recognition”.
“On behalf of the Board of Regents and the entire university system, I congratulate you on this recognition,” said MacCartney. “I wish you all the best as you move forward into a truly successful life, whether in your career or in service to your community.”